tv69;586724 Wrote:

> You are right, the tagging prog I use is set up not to change dates
> when tags are changed.  I really would prefer to keep it that way so I
> guess a full purge and rescan is the only way to get changes read into
> the SB server.

Not necessarily.  I wrote a little VB script for myself that bumps the
file times by one second so that a new & changed scan will pick up the
changes.  There are also many Windows Explorer extensions for altering
file properties that can be used similarly to alter the date modified.
By just bumping the file dates by seconds you can keep their original
order in New Music, but still allow a new & changed scan to see that
they've changed.

--
JJZolx