I also have rebuffering problems on the first track of albums when using
TinySC, and it seems that the problem increases with the size of the
database. In the past months, I ripped my collection of around 1800
albums (25000 tracks), and I noticed that the Touch became more and
more sluggish with more and more albums.

Here is a simple test I made : I have several 24/96 FLAC files (I tried
different compression levels, but that did not change anything) which
are completely unplayable within my collection of 1800 albums (constant
rebuffering problems, not only on the beginning of the first track), and
when I put them within a collection of only a handfull of albums, these
files play perfectly (I made this test on the same 1.5 To La Cie FAT32
formatted HDD, after erasing its contents, and putting only a couple of
albums).

So, my conclusion is that Tiny SC needs to be optimized in order to
manage a large collection of albums.

--
rotho