Nikhil;591033 Wrote:
> Can the touch be hacked to VPN directly (OpenVPN or PPTP or IPsec or any
> other protocol) into my home network when I'm on the move? I have Linux,
> Windows and Mac machines running at home, so I guess I have some
> flexibility in which VPN server to run.

Unless you're worried about someone listening to your music at the same
time you do, use the Settings/advanced/security "block incoming
connections/allowed IP addresses" function.

Remotely, use whatismyip.com to get your address and then RDP/VNC
through your modem's firewall to SBS and add that remote address.
You'll have to open-up 3483/9000. I do this regularly with both my boom
and SoftSqueeze.

Unless you have very high outbound bandwidth (or you're playing mp3's
rather than flac/m4a lossless,) you'll need to install lame and set the
remote player's bitrate limiting on.

Don't forget to add your "local" addresses (like 192.168.1.*) and
localhost (127.0.0.1)

pski

real stereo makes the lights dim on the bass notes. (this means your amp
could also use it's own circuit.)