After months of persevering and tweaking, I have given up on the tinySBS
after seeing..."Local Server has encountered a problem and needs to shut
down" for the 500th time :( So took my hard drive back up to my pc and
sat down to listen....clear, demonstrable difference in the sound
quality. Seems as though the attached drive adds quite a bit of noise
into the system and/or the extra processing was degrading the sound.
Overall highly dissapointed with Logitech for the tinySBS debacle but
the damn thing sounds very good when run like a traditional SBox.

--
atchi123