MNBY is correct. Any USB drive that acts or mimics a CD Drive when
plugged in is one to stay away from. Any USB drive that is over energy
conscience and can't have those features turned off is one to stay away
from. Drives that sleep between each drive access are ones to stay away
from. Large USB drives that are actually multiple disks in a single
case can cause problems.

Lastly if one really needs 2TB of storage space for ones Music, I say
its time for a dedicated SBS Server. It is much more powerful and full
featured. The largest drive I use with my Touch is a 1TB Toshiba
Canvio. I have multiple USB Powered Toshiba drives and haven't had a
single issue with any of them. I also have an older 1TB WD external
powered USB drive that plays well with the Touch but it is one of the
ones that doesn't have any sleep or power saving functions. I have yet
to get a 2TB Seagate USB drive to work with the Touch.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Wood Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1, Vandersteen V2W Subwoofer

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Squeezebox BOOM
Bathroom: Squeezebox Radio