I was just trying out a WD hard drive with the SB Touch and had the
exact same problem. Turned out that I had formatted the drive (FAT32)
on my Mac and it created an extra partition. This was a very small
partition, but it was the first one. I think the Touch picks up the
first partition only. Deleting this extra partition fixed the problem.

Google around, you will find help in looking up partitions on the disk
and deleting the spurious ones. But be careful! Backup your data in
case you accidentally mess up the drive.

--
gmudunuri

Main rig: SB Touch -> PS Audio DL III (Cullen IV modified) -> PS Audio
Trio C-100 (Cullen III modified) --> Dunlavy Aletha full range
speakers.
Home Theater / Office Room: SB Duet Receiver, Everywhere else: SB
Radio
Control: iPeng on iPhone, iPeng on iPad, SqueezePlay on Mac, IR Remote