Jacky;590451 Wrote:
> HD web stations: check "Shoutcast", you can set filter rates: my
> setting > 192 kbs. Some are really in HD-quality you mean a good CDP
> makes the job.

I believe ShoutCast only streams compressed audio.  The highest
bitrates they offer is 320k MP3 and 128k AAC+, that I've ever seen.
I also use the ShoutCast filter and it is quite handy to find the
better quality / higher bitrate streams (I wish RadioTime would offer
such a filter).
But, bottom line, it's still compressed audio.  There would likely be
very little (if any) SQ difference playing such compressed audio
streams through even the most expensive DAC.
Like all things audio, this is subjective to ones ears.  ;)

--
toby10