Yes, I am aware there is a certain amount of buffer and yes music
continues to play for a short while.  This is true with all of my
Squeezeboxes.

Yes, when it reaches the end of the buffer it stops playing music.
However, the Touches continue to show the album artwork and the
progress bar continues to count down when the server is shut off, but
it never finishes just continues to run.  All of my other Squeezeboxes
go blank on the screen and show nothing.

I am not in the habit of turning off my Squeezeboxes when not in use,
just the server.  The Squeezeboxes go blank.  But the Touch continues
to display what was running and appears to still be running.  If I shut
the Touch off the date and time will display on the screen.  When I turn
it back on... it will continue to show the last album track played and
appear to still be playing.

--
MannyL