Well I thought I would never write this type of post but after much
consideration here are my thoughts.

If you want something that provides a similar experience to an
appliance type product like a Television or FM radio with limited
options, then Sono's is the way to go.  I own Squeezebox technology and
really do understand networking and computers as it is my livelihood.  I
find like many posters noted, it really is not the slim / squeeze
technology but the wifi side of things that really cause issues.   I
find that streaming to multiple devices and then having users in my
house who also do a lot of file downloads and such can cause some
dropouts.   Given I understand what is happening I can make some
adjustments and explain the issues.   However, I have friends that have
Sonos installs who are not technical, a remote is tough for them to work
at the best of times, and really never have any issues with their
setups.  If they had a squeeze setup they would have issues that they
would not be able to deal with.  They of course could not have some of
the creative plugins that we have in the squeeze technology, but then
again they do not care nor know what they are missing.

I chose Slim products as I really liked what they were doing and I am
technical so it was a great fit.  I like open source items, I like that
people can develop add on’s and running a server is not a problem for
me.  But in hind sight, I find that even in my household my squeeze
setup can be a challenge for some of my family members.  For example,
my wife always has a problem when I am out of town.  I try to make it
easy for her but she wants multiple devices synced and struggles.  We
have itouch  / iphone with ipeng which should be easy for her but there
are always issues.  I preset one of my boom’s (one of the best squeeze
products imho) buttons with all her favorite music selections and that
is great, but having her do more is a challenge.  She has used some of
our friends Sonos systems and has always said the same thing to me, in
regards to how easy and understandable it is to do something and get
something playing with the Sonos.

I will continue to run Squeeze products however I am holding off buying
anymore at this time until I understand more of what Logitech is doing
in this area and overall media strategies.  I could use 2 more booms
and possibly if I could get them on a deal I would probably buy them.
In recent months I have noticed the price on Sonos bundles dropping so
although they may not get down to the squeeze range it may be close
enough for some buyers to go with Sonos.

--
froth