SORRY if this topic has been beaten to death ...

I currently have a Boxee Box, have 99% decided to return it and get a
Touch, as my main interest is streaming 24/96 stereo audio to my
Cambridge 840C CD player's external DAC inputs. The 'Box' is not quite
there yet, is really designed mainly for video, etc..

Currently use APE with external 1TB NFS+ formatted drive (I am calling
it a NAS, altho it's just a standard external HD) plugged into it. I
can access it from my iMac and Boxee Box.

Seems to me that this would work as well with the Touch. (???) from
reading some older threads, and, I believe this article
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/Logitech-Squeezebox-Touch-Review
altho I am not 100% certain.

Seems like the 'early' versions of the Touch required Windows
formatting and only could read from directly-connected HDs, but this
seems to have been taken care of in subsequent firmware revisions.

Wondering also if I move my iTunes folder over to the 'NAS' if I can
point to it both with the iMac and the Touch? and maybe with another
(Windows) laptop, maybe even all at the same time? The other 'users'
would likely only want mp3 files streamed to their computers on
occasion. That may be best addressed in another thread and another
forum tho!

TIA for comments, etc..  - Rick.

--
Rick58