The problem is that the Touch is NOT windows based, its linux based. A
fair number of sticks include windows specific code which gets executed
when you plug the stick into a windows computer. These will NOT work on
a Touch.

The things to look out for are anything which mentions special features
such as security, passwords etc. This guarantees it uses windows
specific code to access the stick. Any hint of special "features" means
it probably will not work with the Touch.

A lot of SanDisk sticks have special features. I've had much better
luck with Kingston sticks. The secret is to go online and look at the
specific model you are interested in and see if its compatible with
linux, not just windows. Even though Kingston includes some special
features with many of their sticks, they have specifically designed
them so they will still work with linux. I have a several of these
Kingston drives and they work great with the Touch.

John S.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson