mervin_b;603777 Wrote:
> That's not the case. I disabled dhcp on my router (it does not have the
> option to assign static address for known mac addresses), and when the
> SBT could not get an IP address, it allowed me to set it manually.

Oh yes, I know how to do it this way (and have done so on all my SB
devices, including the CONTROLLER). I just mean that in the BOOM or SB3
there is actually a regular menu item in the setup that allows you to
use DHCP or set a fixed IP address. With the TOUCH you have to "trick"
it into giving you the fixed IP address by turning off DHCP in your
router temporarily.

--
garym