What format are your files? If MP3, I suggest you try putting them in a
good tagging program like mp3tag (www.mp3tag.de) to have a really close
look, including at the extended tags and the possibility of different
tag types such as both ID3v1 and ID3v2. If your multi-disc albums are
getting split then it's either your SBS settings or your tags. You
wouldn't be the first person who was definitely sure the tags were fine
only to find out that they aren't. If the files are AAC or ALAC I don't
know what to suggest for looking at tags (I'm assuming they're not FLAC
because you are using iTunes).

To browse albums with the covers showing you should use the My Music >
Albums browse, not the browse Music Folder function. Browse Music
Folder only uses the folder and filename information on your OS, so it
won't see the album art until you actually get into the directory with
the album. On the other hand, all the other browsing options (Artists,
Albums, Genres, Years, New Music) use the metadata database that SBS
builds from the tags when it does a scan.

Maybe you've found some bugs, but the specific features you mention are
not issues for me or many other users, so I believe they are really
issues with your tags or configuration. A good idea is to isolate the
problem by looking very closely at one of the albums that is giving you
trouble, even posting the tag info here if that might help.

--
aubuti