I've been playing with ethernet cables over the weekend.
At DIY Audio somebody (kelli) stated that his ethernet cables (from
Meicord.de), do perform much better then his Drakas. Those should be
"similar" to the ones I'm running and referencing to.
(Though the shield is cut now on mine and my Drakas come with Hirose
TM31 plugs)

I looked into it.

I updated my "ethernet cable" section over at my blog. I made it a bit
more specific.

I added some more info about an ethernet cable review (german).
There's been done some rather serious investigation about what might be
causing those experienced sound differences on streaming devices.

First on the list of potential sources causing the trouble was the
shielding and 2nd the plug. (That I mentioned before).
Obviously the caused distortions somehow must relate to
HF/EMI/RFI/reflections & interferences etc. affecting directly ( e.g.
HF ground bridge) or indirectly the internal electronics of a streaming
device.
They don't talk about the Touch in particular.

I put that note up here, because I consider it part of my
solution/toolbox and a rather valuable update of the blog.

Enjoy.

--
soundcheck

'soundcheck's Touch Toolbox 2.0'