hi there slimquest,

i was having the exact same problem as you are describing.
i had a SB Classic v3 before which worked like a charm with my Synology
DS-209+ (using the Syno-Pkg of SBS v7.5.1).

two days ago i replaced my SB Classic with a SB Touch.

the WLAN connection and internet radio was up and running within 2
minutes after unpacking and plugging in the device - but it just
wouldn't see and connect to my NAS.

also the SB Touch requested a firmware upgrade from 7.5.1 to 7.5.3.

that's were the problems really started.
because my SBS version on the NAS still was 7.5.1 and there's no newer
version available as a Syno-Pkg.

so i had to uninstall the SBS 7.5.1 and installed&configured SSODS
v4.9.1 with SBS 7.5.3 to level the SB Touch version.

but the SB touch still wouldn't see and connect to my NAS.

after browsing around in the SB Touch menus i found the 'remote
library' section and tried to add my NAS by putting in the IP.
the NAS' name was instantly resolved and then i was asked the
username/password thing, which i never saw before with the SB Classic.

after a bit of trying&thinking, i finally used the credentials which i
configured in SBS running on my NAS.
the credentials/password protection of SBS are under:
http://<NAS-IP>:9000
settings (-> new browser window opens) > advanced tab > security.

i guess (but haven't tested yet), if i hadn't chosen a password
protection on the SBS, the SB Touch would have found the library right
away.

just wondering if one could create additional custom accounts on the
SBS.

but then again, i'm just happy to have my music library back. :-))

hope this works for you too.

--
glaesi