DaveKen;611371 Wrote:
> Thanks Gary, that's helped a bit (but I also had to shutdown and restart
> the PC to get it to action). I've now got the Touch and the USB drive
> talking to each other (and FWIW the ethernet and wireless network
> seemed to connect much easier) but on both attempts to rescan the
> library I get an error message "Scan terminated prematurely(or similar)
> - merge various artists" . So it gives me no track or album numbers  -
> any ideas how to overcoime that one?
> I love the Touch, the SQ and diversity it provides but, for me at
> least, it seems a little flakey and unstable sometimes.
> Thanks again,
> Dave.

are you running SqueezeBoxServer on your computer? I thought you were
connecting the USB drive to the touch and using the "tiny SBS" within
the touch. but it sounds like you are running SbS on your PC. That's
fine, but if so, you'd be connecting the USB drive to your PC right???
If the error is on SbS on your PC, it sounds like the typical error one
gets when there is some sort of virus scanner problem. What virus
program are you running?

--
garym