Unlike regular SBS, there is no place in TinySBS to specify the location
of the music folder and playlist folder. TinySBS just scans the entire
USB drive (or SD card) that is attached to the Touch. Anything it
recognizes as an audio file gets added to the library. I presume that
anything it recognizes as a playlist file (*.m3u) gets added to the
list of playlists -- but I haven't tested that to confirm.

There are some things you definitely lose with TinySBS, including:
- ability to control it via the web ui
- ability to transcode
- support for the old SliMP3 and SB1 players (though I doubt you have
those)
- support for plugins

The other main thing you may lose with TinySBS is stability. It works
fine for some people, but is a nightmare for others. It will definitely
be slower to scan your library. And if your current arrangement has your
server outside your listening room, you lose that convenience as well.
The TinySBS itself is silent, but if your library is on a USB drive you
will have a whirring hard drive in your listening room. USB drives can
be very quiet, but they are not silent unless they're solid state.

--
aubuti