I wanted you guys to try the aplay route because it lets you easily
figure out what works and what does not with the specific hardware. The
next step is to try and get squeezeplay to output the right format.
Squeezeplay always converts to 24 bit so the playing 16 or 24 bit files
is not an issue. Its just a matter of finding out how to get squeezeplay
to output the right 24 bit format. It seems some DACs want S24_LE (24
bit samples in 4 bytes) or S24_3LE (24 bit samples in 3 bytes). I'm
pretty sure we can get squeezeplay to do either its just a matter of
figuring out which options to use.

John S.

--
JohnSwenson