Phil Leigh;616481 Wrote:
> An SMPS (which is what all switches, routers etc come with) could
> radiate bad RFI... just like the Touch supply...

A SMPS is not going to affect what is going through a network switch.

Apart from (decent) HiFi components, name me one thing that doesn't
have a SMPS of some sort. They are cheap and very efficient compared to
50Hz transformer designs.

Mobile chargers.
TVs.
Video.
DVD players.

Not to mention the rubbish compact flourescent bulbs put out.

They are abundant in everything and moreso due to EEC legistlation on
low power devices. All part of the EEC Low Power Directive.

They are here to stay and of much better performance than 10 years
ago.

If you claim to be able to hear a difference then you are barking mad.
Can I interest you in the fluffle gaggled new SMPS with a noise floor
of -70dBV root mean square peak output music power device? With
enhanced Calculus functions....

I am in the wrong business!!!!

--
Waldo Pepper