rayman1701;617080 Wrote:
> But what I think you mean is how do you figure out or find what to
> listen to.  I either go to New Music or Artists and either add a song
> or album.  I also make playlists which is nice to have for some
> favorites.  Or sometimes I just do a shuffle of all my music or just a
> specific genre.  To me it's not much different than figuring out what
> cd or vinyl to listen to, except I don't have to stop the music to
> switch to another album.

MusicIP is great for this.  I've listened to some interesting playlists
using this.  It's like Pandora in that you pick a song to base the mix
on, but the music comes from your library of music.  If you search the
forums here you will find a wealth of information on setting up
MusicIP.

I'll find that I'm in the mood for a certain type of music.  I'll think
of a song that fits that mood best.  I'll locate that song in my music
library and create a MusicIP mix from it.  It's great for parties too.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 4 Booms, 1 Duet, 1 Receiver, 1 Touch, iPeng on iPod
Touch.  SuSE 11.0 Server running SqueezeBoxServer 7.5.0, MusicIP, and
SqueezeSlave.
Current library stats: 33,696 songs, 2,720 albums, 499 artists.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior