Cut-Throat;618765 Wrote:
> I get a very loud pop through my audio system whenever I switch the
> Internet Radio stations on my SBT. This is only when I am using the
> DAC. If I use the RCA outputs directly into the pre-amp, I do not get
> this loud popping noise. The sound is a sharp pop or click. Sometimes
> it gives 2 or 3 pops before the station kicks in.
>
> I am using a Grant Fidelity Tube DAC. The sound is very nice, but the
> when Changing radio stations, I am now flinching waiting for the loud
> POP!

This must be related to your DAC going temporarily "off" when it
briefly quits receiving a signal. I've heard of this being an issue
with some DACs. For example, my Benchmark DAC I does not do this, but
it has some sort of delay built in so that a brief drop of signal
doesn't cause a problem.

--
garym