tmauceri;619544 Wrote:
> If you like Lucinda, you might like Ryan Bingham he is another Lost
> Highway artist.

+1. I'm a fan of this sort of music going back to the 60s, starting
with The Grateful Dead and "Workingman's Dead", New Riders of the
Purple Sage, Flying Burrito Brothers, The Byrds (Sweetheart of the
Rodeo album), Buffalo Springfield, Poco, Neil Young, CSN&Y, and most
importantly, Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings and their "outlaw"
country approach, and Doug Sahm. My indoctrination was seeing "hippie"
acts along side of country stuff at the Armadillo World Headquarters in
Austin Texas and similar places in Dallas.  I'm sure you're familiar,
but if not, check out:  Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clark, Jimmie Dale
Gilmore, Bruce Robison, Joe Ely, Steve Earle, Billy Joe Shaver, Willis
Alan Ramsey, Blaze Foley, Robert Earl Keen, Butch Hancock, Gillian
Welch, Iris Dement, Ray Wylie Hubbard, James McMurtry, Jimmy LaFave,
John Prine, Kasey Chambers, Nanci Griffith, Jerry Jeff Walker
(especially, the classic "Viva Terlingua"- I had this on 8-track),
Michelle Shocked, Rodney Crowell, Terry Allen (wonderful!!!).....and
the list goes on. Great country music, never (or rarely) played on
country music radio!

--
garym