So far seems to sound ok, but then my audio ears arent what they used to
be 20 or so years ago! Had a real high end system back then. I had to
take some old Mirage SM-2.5 speakers out of mothballs to use with an
old NAD 3120 ( pre out only) to the Mod Squad Passive. Of course the
foam around the woofers had crumbled to dust. Luckily I found a place
in Florida who sells re-foaming kits and I did that prior to getting
the Touch.
So far so good. I did what you said and set the Touch volume to 100%
and adj it via the Mod Squad ( yep I remember to lower the volume first
:)prior to using the DAC..
There is a place who updates the EAD but not sure if they make it 24
bit but they do make it able to play HDCD ( is that the same??).
http://www.nobleelectronics.net/index.html
Not cheap and with what I am using now I am not sure I would hear any
difference. I do notice the imaging loses some focus, so it MIGHT
help.
So as far as the cables go.. Woould you get a Glass Toslink ( about
$25 on Amazon)? A digital coax ( less than $10 on Amazon)? Or keep
trying to find a ST to Toslink adapter ( if there is such an animal)?

Thank you for your advice by the way...

Joe Sica

--
bitstopjoe