Well, the transcoding does not work well if you are using an older NAS
for your server. My ReadyNAS Duo completely chokes on ALAC transcoding
even thought it is an officially supported platform by Logitech for
Squeezebox Server (see this thread:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=87337). I'm also not
happy that the Touch doesn't do what it is billed to do, after all this
time. When I try to play ALAC off a USB flash drive all I get is a hiss
and then silence. Not good.

I've solved the problem by ordering a faster NAS. Seems to be the only
way right now.

--
Lugie

SB Touch (analogue) -> Pioneer VSX-919AH-K (pure direct) -> Bowers &
Wilkins 684s
Blue Jeans LC-1 stereo audio & Belden 12-gauge 5000UE speaker wire
Netgear ReadyNAS Duo serving 50GB+ of AACs, ALACs, & MP3s
Managed by iTunes & PowerTunes