Astroimage;631384 Wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> When I click on the song that is playing in the web interface it tells
> me that the Bitrate is being converted. The line reads "Bitrate:
> 1411kbps CBR (Converted to 705kbps FLAC)". If I set FLAC from FLAC /
> Sox to Disabled the message disappears and all of my 16bit 44.1 rips
> sound great. The problem though are the 250 LP rips that I have done at
> 24bit 88.2 , when I try to play them I get nothing but white noise
> unless I re-enable FLAC/Sox. I do not know what songs are rips so in
> the middle of a listening session I get hit with white noise and it
> scares the heck out of me...
>
> Brian

Ah... Thought so:-) You can ignore that bitrate display in SBS - it is
(and has always been) incorrect. SBS has no way of correctly knowing
what the streamed bitrate is once it has handed the file off to SOX.

What is actually happening is that your 24/88.2 files are in fact
playing at 24/88.2.

I don't have any AIF files, but looking at convert.conf, the default is
to stream AIF files natively (i.e. as AIF).

Do your filetypes settings look like those below?

|Filename: CropperCapture[1].jpg                                    |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11854|

Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1 DAC - Linn 5103
- full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5),
Pekin Tuner, Townsend Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Belden Digital,Kimber
8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.