OK so the `autostart' option is not working for me. After reboot I don't
get ntpclient (so lost 3 minutes this week).
The end of my modified file /etc/init.d/rcS is:

# Start Samba
if [ -x /etc/init.d/samba ]; then
        /etc/init.d/samba start &
fi

/etc/init.d/ntpclient start &

# Start squeezeplay
/etc/init.d/squeezeplay start

---which looks alright to me (should I really add the plus sign (+)
that Jean wrote?). I have checked (using ps) that the command
/etc/init.d/ntpclient start &
does indeed start ntpclient (and that it was not started after
booting). Am I missing something obvious?

Incidentally, the reboot was because my touch and radio are crashing
about once a week and after rebooting all the presets are oddly shifted
by 1 (i.e preset 1 becomes preset 2, etc all the way down to 6)---for
the radio this is easy to reset, but for the touch presets are only a
beta feature and seem to be a pain to put back to how they were before.
(I suspect this is an unrelated problem?) This has happened twice now.

--
Phil168