Hi John,
I've recently been in touch with the designer of my Audiolab 8200CDQ
DAC and described the symptoms of the intermittent clicks. Below I've
pasted his comments (this is based purely on my description of the
problem of course). Is this possibly pointing at an out of date USB
driver?
If so, can this easily be updated? I'm certainly willing to give it a
try if you could guide me through it.

All the best,
Tim

--