pok;642814 Wrote:
> Again, I appreciate the help, not meaning to sound ungrateful - I was
> just hoping someone already had said "screw it" and done their own very
> simplistic software for the touch that actually works that I could steal
> :)
You're right that one can always hope, but no such alternative exists.
And I don't think one is ever likely to, because it wouldn't be
simplistic. So in the end it would cost much much more than any of the
suggestions already made (that is, if the coder puts any value
whatsoever on his/her time).

Btw, have you at least upgraded from the firmware that ships with the
Touch? You should at least try 7.5.5, and if problems continue, try
7.6. But if you can't meet the basic suggestions already given re
powered USB drive, partitions, etc, then you are very likely going to
continue to be frustrated with it.

--
aubuti