Dave1972 - my amp/DAC can actually take 24/192 natively over S/PDIF. I
did listen to some boring audiophile 24/96 material just to test and
the sound quality was great. I do prefer the digital output of the
Touch to the analog in my setup.

Chasmatic - I have one big tip that was not in the dumb manual. I
thought the Squeezebox Server and Touch would just talk to each other
automatically when they are both connected to the network. Pulled my
hair out when the server kept saying it couldn't find the player. The
trick is - start the server first, then power up the Touch and navigate
to "My Music" - this is what makes the Touch go look for and then
connect to the Server. Big doh! Maybe I am dense :P

--
alec_cat