I have a Squeezebox Touch playing FLAC running a post-7.6 firmware
connected to a NAD T747.

The problem I have is that the receiver seems incapable of resolving
the Squeezebox's digital silence, and so it loses lock and then clips
off the first few instants of the following song.

I can see this happening because of the PCM status on the amp going on
and off between tracks terminated with silence (some of those DDD
recordings have no hiss at all between tracks).

I've temporarily averted this by using RCA analogue cables, but all
told I'd prefer to use the receiver's DAC.

This happens over coaxial and optical, so it likely isn't a cable
issue. It doesn't happen with the original CDs playing over an S/PDIF
connection from my Pioneer DVD player.

Could the Squeezebox be handling zero amplitude PCM in a non-standard
or non-optimal way? What is the best way to keep the connection "live"?
I don't mind fixing the output at 44.1.

--
Ladyfingers