grusch;648592 Wrote:
> I have a similar issue. While tagging some tracks in the genre "Funk", I
> made a typo and some tracks were tagged "FUnk". I went back and fixed
> the tags but the genre "FUnk" still shows up on the Touch even though
> it reads as empty. Is there a way to delete this? I did a clear and
> re-scan and it still shows up.
>
> Similarly, I edited a large amount of tags from "Westcoast Jazz" to
> "West Coast Jazz" and yet both genres still show up even though the
> latter reads as empty.

I do not own a Touch but I am sure that a "clear and re-scan" would
have cleared all the genre tags as well... as all this stuff is stored
in the database.
I spent an hour with mp3tag and cleared the stuff mentioned in #3 and
filled tags in many of the dodgy mp3 files that I have from unknown
origin

--
slate

Main: Receiver (Audiocom) -> Beresford Caiman+ (Gatorized) -> Carver
A-500x -> B&W 704
Office: Receiver -> Luxman L-210 -> Stax SR84 Pro/Superlux HD668B
Server: Zotac IONITX-A, 4 GB, 1 TB WD EADS, Win7 w. 7.6 (SQLite w. High
Mem)
Tied together by D-Link DIR-655 + DGS-1008D