I have been having the same problems with Touch upgrading when
connecting to MySB (the NAS is down at the moment). This is just a
repeat of a very helpful post elsewhere on the Forum (but have lost
where it was). Go to :-
http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/ - you will find all of
the versions including 7.5.4 (which works). Get the file that starts
with "fab4" and ends in "bin", put it on a USB stick, plug the stick
into the Touch. I didn't have to power up and down or use the reset
button. Go to Advanced etc to update the software, the version on the
stick will be on the list of those available. Update. It worked fine
for me. Other alternative that was mentioned was to put SBS 7.5.4 on
your PC, connect the Touch to that and it will "upgrade" (so to speak)
to 7.5.4 firmware.

--
optick