RioTubes;657215 Wrote:
> Hi, I have an SB2 running on SB server (current version) as well as a
> Controller. The SB2 is wired ethernet whereas the Touch will run
> wirelessly. Any special advise on how best to set this up?
>
> Specific Qs:
> 1. Is it best to use a static IP address for the touch? The SB2 is set
> up this way.

It's not necessary, but since the Touch does have some things that you
may at some point want to 'connect' to, it's not a bad idea. For
instance, it has a built in SSH server that can be enabled to let you
connect and browse or edit files. On my network the Touch and Radio
have fixed addresses, while any SB1, SB2, SB3, Boom or Transporter do
not.

> 2. Will the controller instantly recognize the Touch when it on the SB
> Server network, or is there something to setup on the controller?

Yes, it should.

> 3. Is it best to add the Touch initially as a wireless device
> (ultimately it must be used wirelessly) or via ethernet to get it up
> and running?

Setting it up to use wireless should work just fine.

> 4. On the web interface (via PC) must I now select the player I want to
> run or is that all done via controller/remote?

The web interface is independent of the Controller, and each could
control different players, or the same one.

> 5. The touch will be played in the kitchen distant from the server. What
> is the easiest SB config to make it as simple as possible to play music
> without futzing with the PC on which the SB server resides?

You shouldn't have to do anything on the server. If the distance from
the Touch to your wireless access point makes connecting or streaming
to the Touch difficult, then there's nothing you can do to the server
to fix that. That would be a wireless networking issue. But don't worry
about that now, not unless it becomes a real problem.

--
JJZolx