Curt962;661535 Wrote:
> In my Touch set-up, I adjust the volume of my Pre (Emotiva USP-1) to a
> level that is comfortable (ie: about the most I would possibly want)
> with the Touch volume set at/near 100%.   I then use the remote for the
> Touch as a "trim" to adjust for those momentary needs to adjust the
> volume from a distance.
>
> Works just fine.

I do the same such that the touch volume is rarely BELOW 70% then
primarily control volume with touch digital volume control via ipeng,
etc.  If the touch is at 100 then this is aboutcas loud as I would ever
want. If an odd time that I want even louder, I crank up the
preamplifier volume a bit. But this would be rare. A party maybe.

--
garym

System 1: Vortexbox Appliance (1.10) > SbS 7.6.2 > Transporter, Touch,
Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
System 2: Win7(64) laptop > SbS 7.6.2 > Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio and laptop)
Retired: SB3, Duet Receiver
Controlled at both locations with: iPhone (iPeng), iPad (iPengHD &
SqueezePad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.6 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Additional Tagging - mp3tag