autoformer;661631 Wrote:
> I ended up just getting a "3 band tone control" kit from a hi fi
> supplier in Hong Kong.  I'll build it up and put it in a little box and
> that should work well enough.
>
> My main listening systems are set up so that with well-recorded
> material, no tone control is necessary.  It's not really about the
> quality of the system.  Certain recordings are just poorly done and
> require a bit of help.  Why not have tone controls in your system with
> a bypass when you don't need it, that's designed in such a way that it
> doesn't compromise sound when bypassed?  Removing tone controls seems
> idiotic to me.

I agree My meridian system has tone controls :) the treble is in
reality a reincarnation of the "tilt" control that quad used to have
very good idea.

There is also the inguz plugin and brutefir but they may be overkill.

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad