I recently installed a brand new Touch with SB Server 7.6.1. I have Kind
of Blue in both .wma (192kps) and .aiff formats. I did a listening test
and found it difficult to discern a significant difference in sound
quality. My sound system is fairly old (most components are about 20-25
years service), but was a respectable but cheap high-end system at the
time. I almost always can hear the difference in any component at any
point in a system. The sound is pretty good, but not up to the level of
a 25 year old Rega Planar 3 with a $50 AT cartridge or my old Denon CD
player. I am using only the analog outputs of the Touch (the only
digital component).

Is the Touch making everything sound good but not great or is this the
fault of the older equipment? I don't want to record 1000's of CD's as
.aiff if the quality is no better than .wma.

--
mrfinsky327