Bumping this thread since I am also interested in controlling my Marantz
SR6003 receiver from my Touch.
I have managed to communicate with the receiver using a USB-Serial
cable (Profilic) connected to the touch via SSH. I can send commands
using "echo > /dev/ttyUSB0" and the receiver does what I want.
But since I'm a bit new to Linux I stumble on the next step how to
control it from the server or from an applet. Any help on how to move
forward from here would be really helpful.

My plan is to be able to control the receiver from either a SB applet,
plugin or by extending the current rs232 plugin for transporter so I
can send commands to the serial port/receiver by CLI.

sbellon;622444 Wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar, gharris999 wrote:
>
> If somebody wants to do it, I'm open to sharing the code I have at
> present (there are a few interesting things to note when trying to
> communicate over serial when a Keyspan, Prolific or FTDI is connected
> to the Touch ;-)

I would really like to take a look at the work you have done Stefan so
if you would like to share it I would be most grateful.

--
/Peter Nylander

--
CoolMalone