My logistics:

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.1 - r33735 @ Mon Nov 28 15:45:08 PST
2011
Hostname: david-pc
Server IP Address: 192.168.1.8
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
Perl Version: 5.12.4 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 2

On the player side, I have

Player Model: Squeezebox Touch
Firmware: 7.7.1-r9558
Player IP Address: 192.168.1.16
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:22:ff:a7
Wireless Signal Strength: 93%

All of my music is in "Music Folder" sorted by directories. The really
strange thing is that in a lot of these directories I can start playing
a song on the Touch and then it automatically forwards to the next song
in the directory like it is supposed to.

configured via Server->Player->Play other songs in Album or Directory

This is how I have configured the player to work. But in some other set
of directories this doesn't work at all. I haven't been able to figure
out why some directories play fine and other don't.

If I use a softsqueeze player on my Linux desktop, all of the
directories to the "right thing". That is they all say playing "1 of N"
instead of "1 of 1" which I sometimes get on the Touch.

This behavior seems new as of a week ago or so. I've done a factor
reset of the Touch with no impact. I've also re-indexed all my music
files. But I think this is a client side problem and not a server side
problem since the SoftSqueeze application does the correct thing on
when playing a directory.

Anybody else seen this?

Thanks!

Tim