Good news Don, I hope it stays that way but I'm pretty sure what I'm
seeing here is an issue with BT possibly throttling Spotify on Macs in
the UK so I'm guessing you are with another ISP.

The weird thing is the talk on the getsatisfaction forum is all about
BT affecting P2P traffic only, so I don't get why Triode's plugin is
affected in my system if it doesn't use P2P. So maybe there is another
issue here, I don't know.

I have tested switching between LMS servers on both Mac and PC and
found that I have to use the PC server for Triode's Spotify as via the
Mac it drops out / rebuffers regularly and is pretty much unusable. The
desktop Spotify app on Mac requires Little Snitch to block P2P or else
it too suffers the dropouts. Other users are recommending connection
via VPN to solve it. Only seems to affect Mac Spotify users on BT so
there's definitely something going on. Spotify and BT are definitely
aware of the issue but until they can get it together and resolve it
I'll have to use LMS on the PC, which seems stable I'm very happy with
it's sound quality and function but it just means having yet another
workstation switched on all the time. I'll next test LMS on a virtual
PC via Parallels on the Mac and see what happens there.

--
Morgz