praganj wrote:
> I have Buffalo II DAC, this DAC has also I2S input.
>
> How to get I2S data stream from SBT ? Any chance ? Some USB-I2S
> converter ?
> Any idea ?

The short answer is yes you can get the I2S data out of an SBT and I
have seen some sites with SBT,s connected this way. However there is a
very big if attached to that statement. I2S is not a proper cable
connection protocol it is in fact how data is passed from chip to chip
on the circuit board. As such it does not have any agreed protocols or
standards so it has been implemented using different pin configurations
, plugs and connectors by different companies.

The only way to "tap" in to the I2S feed inside the SBT is to identify
the legs with the information on the various chips and take a feed off
them either on a captive lead or to an additonal socket you would need
to fit to the SBT . This will mean hard wiring and cracking your SBT
open (bye bye warrantee) . If you have the nessesary skills or know a
company that will do it for you I would strongly advise you keep the
connection to your Dac as short as possible as the signal would be quite
prone to interference . 0.5 m would be fine but not much longer