The Wyred4Sound Micro Dac (µDAC) is a 24/96 Async USB, 24/192 coxaxial
and 24/192 optical input Dac. The Dac can be powered by the USB cable or
by an external 9v power supply. All three inputs can be powered by
either power supply.

Here is what I have at present:
1. Without the EDO the SBT converts the wav and flac formats before
sending the stream on the coaxial input. With the EDO the SBT does not
do a conversion and everything sounds good.

2. With USB, no hub, and the 9v power supply the EDO recognizes the Dac
and plays in the adaptive mode. I cannot say it sounds any different
than the coaxial input. There are no pops or clicks.

3. I have unpowered and powered hubs that work successfully with the HRT
Music Streamer II. If I use either of these hubs or do not use the
external 9v power supply the EDO is unable to find the µDAC. When the
powered hub and 9v power supply are used the initial install of the EDO
will report the hub as "USB-Audio - USB Device 0x1950:0x9019" but after
the reboot it cannot find the Dac. Other combinations of hub and power
supply never report a Dac.

Here are the aplay reports:
1. Direct connection (SBT to DAC)
/root$ aplay -l
card 0: TXRX [MXC SPDIF TX/RX], device 0: MXC_SPDIF [MXC_SPDIF]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: USB [MICRO DAC Async USB], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: USB [MICRO DAC Async USB], device 1: USB Audio [USB Audio #1]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: fab4 [fab4], device 0: fab4-ak4420 []
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

2. With USB hub (SBT to hub to DAC)
/root$ aplay -l
card 0: TXRX [MXC SPDIF TX/RX], device 0: MXC_SPDIF [MXC_SPDIF]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: fab4 [fab4], device 0: fab4-ak4420 []
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 2: fab4_1 [fab4], device 0: fab4-wm8974 []
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I really think the EDO with the Wyred4Sound µDAC is a superb combination
for the SBT and is a keeper for me.

Fred