Okay, so I've had some time to look over a few of the options.  Choosing
this barebone
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856119050), 4GB
of memory, and a 1TB HDD, I'm looking at ~$100 less than a 1TB Vortex.
Cost really isn't an issue, but aside from being completely ready to go
(from both a hardware and software perspective) and having the optical
drive, is there anything else significantly different with the Vortex?
Okay, the more I keep writing, the more I'm asking myself why I
shouldn't just go with the Vortex.  Ha.  If I purchase the 1TB and want
to expand later, is that fairly straight-forward?