Before I decided to use your method I made a service request to Logitech
support:
The answer I got was that the time is corrected every time the Touch is
connected to mysqueezebox.com

As soon as you start to listen to your own music on a SD card (or USB
stick) the Touch is disconnected from mysqueezebox.com and the time will
start to differ.

I have installed your file ntp.touch-3.tar.gz on my Touch and I have
also done the editing.

>From now on my Touch is showing the correct time again.

The binary and the shellscript with the same name confused me at first,
but I think I have found out how this daemon works.

I have been using unix and linux earlier and I know also that it is
extremely dangerous to make changes in the system and also to copy and
edit files in linux.

You can end up with a system that is not working at all.

I have not found out any way to backup the complete system on the Touch
(tar to some device) before starting to make changes.

I am afraid that if the Touch users start making changes in the
operating system it will end with a lot of NON-working Touches all
around the world.

However, it looks like Logitech support is interested to know how this
time correction method is setup.

I have provided Logitech support the link to your advise.

Do you know about ntp.org on http://www.ntp.org/      ?

Look at the section NTP Pool Time Servers.

ntp.org have servers for ntp all around the world that can be used.

I use
1.pool.ntp.org

Maybe one of the top ntp server could be included in your shellscript
from the beginning, instead of the non-existing logitech ntp server?