TheBone wrote:
> Okay, great (in a way)...  I see there is software to unprotect.  I'd
> like to be able to stream my protected files....  Does this software
> work?

You can get rid of the protection by converting the songs in iTunes. If
you right click a song you'll see "Create XXX version". XXX is the audio
format which is currently configured (edit -> preferences).
After this action you'll have two copies of the song: the original,
which is the protected one, and a copy which is not protected. You could
delete the original.
It is also possible to convert multiple songs. Simply select the songs
you'd like to convert, right click and select "Create XXX version".