Hi ...

So I got my shiny new Squeezebox Touch two days ago.  I installed
Logitech Media Server.  I added my main MP3 directory to the list of
paths.  I did a scan.

Once it was done I saw a lot of errors, for example for the band The
Apples in Stereo the artist was tagged 3 different ways: The Apples in
Stereo, The Apples In Stereo, The Apples (In Stereo).

So I fixed the tags in that directory using mp3tag.  On my HD, all of
The Apples in Stereo is now tagged as The Apples in Stereo.

HOWEVER, I can not get media server to reflect this change.  Using
Ipeng, I selected "Clear cache and rescan", the phantom (no longer on my
HD!) The Apples (In Stereo) artist tag reasserted itself (and the
others).  I tried uninstalling LMS then reinstalling, doing a fresh
scan, the phantom artist tags came right back.  I uninstalled again,
this time manually deleting the Squeezebox directory in Program Files,
and then rebooted, and then reinstalled.  After a fresh scan, the same
faulty tags came back.

What am I missing here?  It's extremely annoying to have the same artist
listed three or four times.

Thanks,
Brian