guidof wrote:
> Where does your music physically resides? If on a NAS such as Vortexbox
> Appliance or Vortexbox dedicated computer, try rebooting. I know this
> sounds simplistic, but it worked for me on a couple of instances when I
> had your exact symptoms.
>
> Regards,
>
> Guido F.

Hi Guido,
Thanks very much for your response. I am not very computer literate  -
I know just about enough to be dangerous  -  my music library physically
resides on a free standing self powered USB HDD and I have full copies
(for backup purposes) on a large SATA HDD in the PC itself and on an
ethernet connected NAS in another room. I can point Logitech Media
Server (running on my PC) at any of these and they are always found and
scanned properly and fully according to the resulting scan report. I can
individually select specific tracks or let the Touch select them
randomly and all the relevant details and artwork appear on the Touch
screen, the 'Play' button changes to the 'Pause' button but the Progress
Bar accross the bottom refuses to move and no music comes out. If I move
the progress button by hand it will moves but immediately freezes at the
spot I leave it. Pressing the 'Next' or 'Previous' buttons always
results in the correct action but still no music plays. I believe that
the Progress indicator seems to be trying to move at times, it sort of
stutters but refuses to move.
I have tried shutdowns and restarts and factory resets numerous times
but nothing has any effect.
It beats me!!
TIA,
Dave.