For the last six months I have used a simple manual script that SSH'd in
to correct the clock drifiting at 30 secs/24 hours on my PC (used
daily).

A few weeks back it did not appear to require correcting and using my PC
clock, noticed it appeared to be synched to a time server and being spot
on 24/7 without having to manually run the script.

Last week I returned from work to see the screen showing all the "My
Music","Settings" type page as if it had rebooted but not resorted to
showing the clock.

Since then I am back to have to set it manually every day just as
before.

I have altered nothing and only use it for playing music a few times a
week. However I rely on the big bright clock daily.

Has anyone any idea what is happening?