JJZolx wrote:
> The 'controller' was only an integral part of the Duet system, not of
> any other Squeezebox product. All other Squeezeboxes are controllable by
> an IR remote and, on some, a front panel or touch screen. These other
> interfaces are not connected via network, although their dispatches are
> passed by the player over the network to the server.

That's not true for all the new models (Touch, Radio, Duet).
Internally these are split between a controller application (the UI you
see) and a player application both of which can act independently of
another and I even frequently manage to connect them to different
servers (though this is certainly a bug in the software). In any case
you can disconnect them enough that you can use the UI of one Squeezebox
to control the player of a different one. This will then even be true
for your IR remote actions.