SBGK wrote:
> well some people found that the changes TT3.0 implemented were
> detrimental to the sound, I think we can agree on that as you were
> latterly one of it's fiercest opponents. So if you agree that TT3.0
> adversely affects the sound then surely you can agree that there are
> settings which could improve the sound.

Totally agreee!!
The settings for that are the settings it comes with from Logitech.  ;)

SBGK wrote:
> So I did some trial and error and investigation about how a linux
> computer should be set up and found that TT3.0 was trying to achieve the
> lowest latency possible. I took the view that the lowest latency is not
> relevant to the Touch (for me) and the TT3.0 settings were introducing
> noise to the process. My settings therefore concentrate on lower noise
> and produce a smoother sound, they also work with the EDO mods which
> people initially identified as harsh sounding.

No need to trial and error, just listen without seeing.
That way I had to admit that the smoothest and most appealing sound came
from the factory settings.

If both the EDO and TT3.0 sound hars, the go back to factory settings.
That worked for me. :)

Regards