Just over a year later, I have a new Synbology DS212j NAS (1 TB x 2) and
I have loaded my music onto it (mostly ALAC).

As before, my Sonos ZP90 works fine on it, but as before, I'm curious to
try a Squeezebox Touch with the NAS.

Last time, I was having problems with getting the Touch and SBS to work
with my NAS (then a Netgear ReadyNAS Duo).  I could not properly scan my
music files, and they kept pausing intermittently during playback.

But I think the Synology NAS can support the Logitech Media Server just
fine.  And I hardwired my living room setup (where the NAS and Touch
will be) to my router to avoid any wi-fi problems.

Sooooooo .... before I buy another Touch, I thought I would index my
music on the NAS using the built-in Logitech Media Server.  I ran the
scan and it took maybe three hours to scan 26,000+ music files (unlike
before, where it took days).  The log only showed a few tagging
problems; nothing major.  It all seemed good until it started scanning
my "playlists."

now I have only maybe a dozen playlists (in iTunes) and zero playlists
in any other devices or applications, so this should have taken maybe
ten seconds, but instead it's taking an hour and showing over 7,300 ...
items (?) ... playlists (?) scanned, and it's hanging and I can't abort
it or access my music library using the LMS on my PC (desktop LMS
interface on the NAS).

What gives?  Any ideas?  It's basically just frozen, and now I can't
even load the LMS control panel on my desktop.

Any ideas?  Thanks.